Commercial Building Fire Protection TipsAAFI
When it comes to commercial building fire protection mistakes are never an option. If an error is made in fire protection, serious and irreversible damage can occur to the building itself plus also the contents within. Building occupants can also be placed in harm’s way should a flaw in fire protection occur. In order to keep your commercial building safe, consider the following dos and don’ts within fire protection.
Fire and smoke alarms are the first defense for commercial buildings when a fire occurs.
- Ensuring the alarm system is regularly inspected in line with regulation
- Maintaining documentation surrounding alarm activity and maintenance
- Testing your alarm system regularly to ensure proper function
- Creating an action plan for building residents for when the alarm is set off
- Downplaying or brushing off the need to have regular maintenance and testing for your fire alarm system
Extinguishers and Suppression Systems
Extinguishers used by individuals to manage small fires while suppression systems can help prevent serious damage on a larger scale.
Commercial Building Fire Protection Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino
- Conducting regular tests to ensure proper function and pressure
- Scheduling routine maintenance through contractors
- Storing extinguishers in a clear and open space that makes them easily accessible
- Providing proper training for occupants
- Putting off regularly scheduled inspections and tests to ensure function
- Neglecting to train occupants on proper extinguisher use and handling
- Keeping extinguishers in a cluttered area, difficult to get to, or where heat is constantly present
In the case of emergencies like a fire, emergency lighting sources should be available in order to provide occupants with a safe pathway from the building.
- Installing lighting throughout the building to provide effective light in all occupied areas
- Scheduling regular maintenance and inspection
- Failing to install proper lighting
- Neglecting to have regular maintenance and inspection
Commercial Building Fire Protection with Advanced Alarm Inc
At Advanced Alarm Inc, we also offer an array of portable fire extinguishers and fire alarm systems to keep commercial buildings safe. We offer the highest quality alarm systems to also keep your business safe from fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. We also offer fire suppression systems as well to help keep commercial fires controlled should they break out. Our trained technicians also work with you to determine which air sampling smoke detection system is best for your business. We will also help install and maintain the system for your commercial building.